Hi Fhtagnauts, I hope the stars are lined up to your satisfaction.
Mal’s ability to destroy stuff accidentally is a direct result of my ability to destroy things accidentally. I was going to list everything I’ve ruined but it got depressing. Suffice to say I once killed a trampoline beyond repair. That takes something special. I’m yet to wreck the floor of an office building but I can only assume it’s a matter of time.
In things Lovecraftian this week…
* A huge underground ocean was discovered. Who knows what swims in it?*
* This is older but it’s still cool: A two meter great white shark was grabbed, dragged down into the depths and eaten by something monstrous**.
* Warp drive! Let’s punch a hole in our universe. What’s the worst that could happen? This counts as Lovecraftian if you’ve seen Event Horizon.
* Lovecraft ezine released another edition. It’s free and you should read it!
I also just finished The Croning by Laird Barron. It’s an excellent example of Lovecraftian fiction and I really enjoyed the way it was both set up and paid off. One word of warning though: this is Cosmic Horror, not Lovecraft Lite. Things get bad. As always if you click that link and then buy something we get a little cut of the proceeds. If you want something with most of the horror but perhaps a (very slightly) brighter outlook then Charles Stross’ The Atrocity Archives is a good place to start (I originally typed that as the Astrossity Archives for some reason).
* Us. We know, don’t we? Although it’s not so much swimming as lying dead and dreaming.
** It was another monstrous shark but it still counts dammit.